The snow's flying, as they say here in the Midwest, and it doesn't look like it's going to let up till maybe next March, or so. Hopefully we'll get what we call an Indian Summer here though, before the Winter sets in for real. I was reminded today, while I was shoveling snow off the porch, and doing whatever it is we do around here to get ready for the Winter, that I would need to pack my "cold weather gear" when I get ready to catch the boat in a couple of weeks.
13Oct06 @ 1740
So, Now I've spent the whole day trying to figure out how to add a "sitemap" to my blog page. The sitemap is so Google can index the site and hopefully it would turn up in a keyword search. Guess what? I still haven't been able to add the sitemap. Talk about frustrating. What really gets ya is that some young kid could have probably done it in about 30 seconds!
But, I did add a telephone "book" to the site so that all my sailor buddies won't have to spend money on long distance information. Of course, they're going to have to be able to get online to access the "phone book", but, I can't provide everything.
It's been an interesting day, if you want to call it that. I've accomplished almost nothing with this Blog site. And, only 13 more days and I'll have to go back to work. But, I can get online very well on the boat and so I'll be able to keep you posted, and maybe take some "far-out" boat nerd type pictures that should keep some people interested in my Blog.
Time to get something to eat . . . . . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment