24 Feb 07
It's been a little over 4 months since I've done any "blogging". The reason is simple. There's no-one to read it and I don't know how, (yet), to get the search engines to recognize it. Stone Evans, who I've met recently is going to help me get it going. That's a relief cause I have NO idea what I'm doing.
The ship, M/V Indiana Harbor layed up on the 11th of January. Since then I've been busy caring for my wife. She's had a total hip replacement. Actually, it hasn't been that awful caring for her, but, at least I have an excuse for not getting anything done while I was home this winter. We did get her hip replaced though, and that was an accomplishment, and she's doing really well.
Fit-out is probably only a month or so away now. Hopefully all of the fleet's ships will have work for this season. It would be sad to see anyone get layed off during the shipping season. Iron Ore, Coal, and Limestone, of course, are the mainstays of our industry. The Steel Industry, and the building industry, where Limestone is primarily used, are businesses that seem to go in cycles on the Great Lakes. We've had it real good for many years now, and hopefully we'll be able to continue. American Steamship Company, the fleet I work for, leads the industry. Hopefully that will play in our favor should the economy begin to lag.
Well, enough said for this evening as far as I'm concerned. To be honest - this is the first day in 4 months I've even looked at this blog site. The only reason I did is because Stone Evans suggested it, and he's mentoring me in my online business endeavors through the PlugInProfits business that I'm a part of with him and a bunch of other really great people. So hopefully, I'll make this blog interesting now, and worth something for people to read and enjoy.
So, until later. . . . . . . . .
Good Night, from ME, Douglas LaLonde, (the 2nd Mistake)!

No comments:
Post a Comment